Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Matthew Hayes <mh...@apache.org> on 2016/07/21 17:55:29 UTC

[VOTE] Apache DataFu 1.3.1 release RC1

Hi all,

The Apache DataFu community has voted on and approved the release of Apache
DataFu 1.3.1 (incubating):

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-datafu-dev/201607.mbox/%3CCAA4Vo8AQ_gbDvvVN49LcU%3DgdneSnjyc%2Bd%2BrfNd2u5imJUxBJUQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Results:
4 binding +1 votes
No 0 votes
No -1 votes

I'd like to call a vote in general to approve the release.

The source release candidate RC1 can be downloaded here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/datafu/apache-datafu
-incubating-1.3.1-rc1/

The artifacts (i.e. JARs) corresponding to this release candidate can be
found here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedatafu-1003/

This has been signed with PGP key 7BA4C7DF, corresponding to
mhayes@apache.org, which is included in the repository's KEYS file.  This
key can be found on keyservers, such as:

*http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7BA4C7DF
<http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7BA4C7DF>*

It is also listed here:

https://people.apache.org/keys/group/datafu.asc

The release candidate has been tagged with release-1.3.1-rc1, which has
been signed with the same key.  I've also created a branch 1.3.1.

For reference, here is a list of all closed JIRAs tagged with 1.3.1:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20DATAFU%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Closed%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.3.1%20ORDER%20BY%20updated%20DESC%2C%20created%20DESC%2C%20status%20DESC%2C%20priority%20DESC

For a summary of the changes in this release, see:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-datafu/blob/1.3.1/changes.md

This release also addresses feedback from the last release process, namely:

* Using an ASF-related email for code signing
* Storing the source release in the right place
* Using a hash other than MD5
* Releasing artifacts at the same time as the source release
* Updated release documentation based on above

The vote will be open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
Matt, on behalf of the Apache DataFu PPMC

Re: [VOTE] Apache DataFu 1.3.1 release RC1

Posted by Matthew Hayes <ma...@gmail.com>.
The vote has passed with three +1 binding votes, and no -1s or 0s.

Binding +1s: Jakob Homan, Justin Mclean, John D. Ament

Thanks for taking the time to look at the release!

Justin, I've updated the NOTICE file in the master branch and updated the
footer template in the site source code.  I'll update the website along
with this release.  The _footer.erb page has the header but it was missing
a # sign on one line (now fixed) so it may have messed up the detection.
The script.js file is generated by javadocs and should be excluded I
think.  I actually plan to remove the multiple versions of javadocs from
the git repo since they are also stored in the SVN repo for the website.

-Matt

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sam Shah <sh...@umich.edu>.
+1 as well