Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jan Agermose <ja...@Agermose.dk> on 2004/09/01 00:10:31 UTC

.net version - seperate mailinglist?

Hi

Im having some troble using Lucene - but is the .NET port. Should I ask questions about the different analyzers and tokenizers on this mailinglist or one some other?

Also - does anyone know the difference between the to .NET implementations listed on the Lucene website?

http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/resources.html

Best Regards
Jan Agermose

Re: .net version - seperate mailinglist?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Aug 31, 2004, at 6:10 PM, Jan Agermose wrote:
> Im having some troble using Lucene - but is the .NET port. Should I
> ask questions about the different analyzers and tokenizers on this
> mailinglist or one some other?

This list is primarily for the Java version of Lucene, but I suspect
the behavior of the analyzers is fair game to ask here.  Perhaps you
could mock up examples of what you're asking about in Java (should be
pretty trivial to convert from C# to Java, eh? :).

> Also - does anyone know the difference between the to .NET
> implementations listed on the Lucene website?

This is something you'd have to ask in forums of each of the ports.
PyLucene is exactly the Java version (at whatever point in time they
built it).  CLucene and LuPy are surely playing catch-up with features
and new index file formats.

	Erik

Posted by Pasha Bizhan <fc...@ok.ru>.
Hi,

> From: Jan Agermose [mailto:jan@Agermose.dk]
>
> Im having some troble using Lucene - but is the .NET port.
> Should I ask questions about the different analyzers and
> tokenizers on this mailinglist or one some other?

Our users use forums on SF.NET (http://lucenedotnet.com)
Usually they receive the answer.

But the differences between Lucene.Net and java lucene are minimal.
Basically it is syntax difference. If the question concerns to lucene the
answer usually
approaches for both versions

> Also - does anyone know the difference between the to .NET
> implementations listed on the Lucene website?

Nlucene based on 1.2 lucene, Lucene.Net based on 1.3.rc3 lucene.

Pasha Bizhan
http://lucenedotnet.com

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Lucene.Net is a separate project from the Java Lucene.

The difference between the 2 .Net ports is that one is actively
developed, and the other one is not. :)
This one is actively developed:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lucenedotnet

Otis