Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Patel Amit <am...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/29 17:48:46 UTC

To support like ?

Hi .

It would be better if someone can implement the custom advanced
datagridusing built in support for the
Export To CSV , Export To Excel , Export to PDF.

Regards
Ap

Re: To support like ?

Posted by Alain Ekambi <ja...@gmail.com>.
We support As3Xls and Alive PDF(Pure PDF coming soon) in Flash4j.
It s possible.

Re: To support like ?

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 1/30/2013 1:31 AM, Jarosław Szczepankiewicz wrote:
> Hi,
> those requirements are always better supported on the server side.
> Imagine the actionscript library size for Excel & full PDF support,
> apart from the library size it is almost always required to print /
> export full content of the table and not the current page,

i agree. we used to generate PDF client-side using purePDF. recently switched to
server-side iText/coldfusion & reduced the app size by > 1mb, sped up processing
noticeably plus gained  more control of the finished product (admittedly purePDf
wasn't 100% finished porting from iText to AS3--that was a really good idea
btw). ditto for importing/exporting spreadsheets--its now like 2 lines of
coldfusion code server-side.

Re: To support like ?

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
Relevant: You might want to look at the Query Graphics Data that has been
introduced in Flash Player 11.6 [1].  It seems like this is perfect for
serializing display objects into amf or xml and packing it off to the
server to be converted into a pdf there.  Or to be used in conjuction with
AlivePDF [2].

[1] http://www.bytearray.org/?p=5013
[2] http://alivepdf.bytearray.org/

Re: To support like ?