Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Fard <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/10 07:00:22 UTC

an alternative OCM (Object Content Mapping)

Hello there,

I am looking for an alternative OCM (Object Content Mapping). I have used
JCROM and I found it is useful, but recently I found it is not a good remedy
for java generic programming.

I really really appreciate any help.

Regards

Fard

Re: an alternative OCM (Object Content Mapping)

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 16:08, <sl...@excilys.com> wrote:

> >> 3. class registration in annotation mapper. I think global mpper cold
> >> handle this and @Node annoation may put registration code into. I'm
> >> constatntly forgetting to add class there :)
> >

> > Same problem here :-) . I'm still looking for a good way to scan one or
> > more packages to find annoted classes on startup. Do you know how I can
> do
> > it ?
>
> Hi,
>
> The technique I use is inspired by Spring @Component discovery.
>
> You can have a look at
> org.springframework.core.io.support.PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver
> and org.springframework.core.type.classreading.MetadataReader.

Thanks I will check it

Posted by sl...@excilys.com.

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 12:27, Aleksei Lukin <lu...@stu.cn.ua> wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 November 2008 12:29:46 Boni Gopalan (BioImagene) wrote:
> > OCM supports annotations and XML mappings.  And it supports custom
> > converters for simple types, Beans and collections.  The only
> disagreement
> > I have with the design is the need to carry 'path' as part of the bean
> that
> > I want to persist.
> [skip]
> >
> > Thanks
> > boni
>
> Well, my 2c  about things I do not like in current OCM.

You are welcome.

> 1. ocm_discriminator node type registration at startup and other messy
> stuff.  I could be hidden in some hard-coded static function lile ocmInit().

Agree. From 1.5, this node type is not used. So, it is not necessary to
register it on startup.

> 2. path as primary key. I discussed it a lot with author and we are both
> wih our own opinion :) I use path in base class just to satisfy ocm, but for
> real key I use uuid. It is
> fast and it allows to keep reference consistance.

You know my position :-) but it should be nice to see the point of view from
others. For me Path is still a better canditate for an object ID. Maybe we
can try to support both (Path or UUID) as the object id.

> 3. class registration in annotation mapper. I think global mpper cold
> handle this and @Node annoation may put registration code into. I'm
> constatntly forgetting to add class
> there :)

Same problem here :-) . I'm still looking for a good way to scan one or more
packages to find annoted classes on startup. Do you know how I can do it ?

> Thing I miss is Map. But I guess it is under development now.

Map & collection supports are better . Some thing like this :

@Node Class MyClass
{
       @Collection List<AnotherClass> mylist;
       @Collection Map<String, YetAnotherClass> myMap;
}

This is really simpler compare to the version 1.4. Don't blame me if the
@Collection is not a good name. There is a jira issue to review that. The
JPA annotations OneToMany or OneToOne are better for me.

> May be it's time to think on some improvemnent of smart mapping.

Please create jira issues at least to give us some ideas. I would like to
implement a "default" mapping (without annotation and xml description).

Posted by Aleksei Lukin <lu...@stu.cn.ua>.
On Tuesday 11 November 2008 12:29:46 Boni Gopalan (BioImagene) wrote:
> OCM supports annotations and XML mappings.  And it supports custom
> converters for simple types, Beans and collections.  The only disagreement
> I have with the design is the need to carry 'path' as part of the bean that
> I want to persist.
[skip]

> Thanks
> boni

Well, my 2c  about things I do not like in current OCM.

1. ocm_discriminator node type registration at startup and other messy stuff.  I could be hidden in some hard-coded static function lile ocmInit().
2. path as primary key. I discussed it a lot with author and we are both wih our own opinion :) I use path in base class just to satisfy ocm, but for real key I use uuid. It is
fast and it allows to keep reference consistance.
3. class registration in annotation mapper. I think global mpper cold handle this and @Node annoation may put registration code into. I'm constatntly forgetting to add class
there :) I can think of few mappers to speedup things but it is rare case.

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 12:25, Boni Gopalan (BioImagene) <
Boni.G@bioimagene.com> wrote:

> Christophe: I feel it is high time to update the documentation (Tutorial)
> may be on a war footing :-) .  I will put in whatever time I could spare to
> write tutorial content.  Any other volunteers?

Thanks Boni

Posted by "Boni Gopalan (BioImagene)" <Bo...@bioimagene.com>.

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fabián Mandelbaum <fm...@gmail.com>.
Boni,

    I apologize, it seems it's been a long time since I don't take a
look at OCM and/or OCM has progressed a lot lately.

    I didn't remember it was you I suggested the wrapper approach, sad
to hear it didn't work ;-(

    Thanks for your clarifications.

Posted by Fabián Mandelbaum <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hello Boni,

Posted by "Boni Gopalan (BioImagene)" <Bo...@bioimagene.com>.

Posted by "Boni Gopalan (BioImagene)" <Bo...@bioimagene.com>.

Posted by Fard <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello Fabián,

Re: AW: an alternative OCM (Object Content Mapping)

Posted by Fard <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello Fabián,

Thanks for helpful advices.

Regards
Maurice Fard

Posted by Fabián Mandelbaum <fm...@gmail.com>.
Fard,

Fard escribió:
> Hi
>
> Yes. And when I map my class with @JcrSerializedProperty annotation mapped
> to java.lang.Object field
> during validation of the field I get an error that the field which is
> annotated as @JcrSerializedProperty does not implement java.io.Serializable
>
> Maurice Fard
>
> Hi Fard,
>
> have you tried the @JcrSerializedProperty JCROM annotation to map the