Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Philipp Grulich <ph...@dfki.de> on 2017/04/03 12:49:55 UTC

I²: Interactive Real-Time Visualization for Streaming Data

Hi,

We would like to present you our work “I²: Interactive Real-Time Visualization
for Streaming Data”. This demonstration received the Best Demonstration Award at
the 20th International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT) in
March 2017.

I² is based on Apache Zeppelin and Apache Flink and enables interactive
exploration and visualization of streaming data. It coordinates running cluster
applications and corresponding visualizations such that only the currently
depicted data points are processed and transferred.

On top of this technical foundation, we present an algorithm for the real-time
visualization of time series, which is correct and minimal in terms of
transferred data.

In our demonstration, we showcase how cluster programs can adapt to changed
visualization properties at runtime to allow interactive data exploration.

You can find the paper and the source code in our Github repository [1]. For an
easier start, we provide a docker image with an prebuild distribution of our
system [2].

Feel free to try it out!

* Paper: I²: Interactive Real-Time Visualization for Streaming Data [3]
* Poster: EDBT 2017 Poster [4]

The demonstration is based on a Zeppelin fork [5], which contains a range of
necessary changes.

We want to thank you for your great open-source project, which is a perfect
foundation for a range of interesting research topics.

Best,

Jonas Traub, Nikolaas Steenbergen, Philipp Grulich, Tilmann Rabl, Volker Markl

[1] https://github.com/TU-Berlin-DIMA/i2 https://github.com/TU-Berlin-DIMA/i2
https://github.com/TU-Berlin-DIMA/i2
[2] https://hub.docker.com/r/tuberlindima/i2/
https://hub.docker.com/r/tuberlindima/i2
https://hub.docker.com/r/tuberlindima/i2/
[3]
http://www.redaktion.tu-berlin.de/fileadmin/fg131/Publikation/Papers/paper-276.pdf
http://www.redaktion.tu-berlin.de/fileadmin/fg131/Publikation/Papers/paper-276.pdf
[4] https://github.com/TU-Berlin-DIMA/i2/raw/master/EDBT-2017-poster.pdf
https://github.com/TU-Berlin-DIMA/i2/raw/master/EDBT-2017-poster.pdf
[5] https://github.com/TU-Berlin-DIMA/zeppelin/tree/i2-zeppelin

Philipp Grulich
Research Assistants
DFKI Projektbüro Berlin
Alt-Moabit 91c
D-10559 Berlin

Philipp.Grulich@dfki.de mailto:Philipp.Grulich@dfki.de
http://dima.tu-berlin.de http://www.dima.tu-berlin.de/  / http://dfki.de

Re: I²: Interactive Real-Time Visualization for Streaming Data

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Congratulations!

I played with docker image and provided notebooks and great to see awesome
real time visualizations.

If you have video, that would also help people quickly take a look how this
great realtime visualizations.

Congratulations again and thanks for sharing your work in the community.
Please don't hesitate sharing any future work in the Zeppelin community.

Thanks,
moon