Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by "Colreavy, Niall" <Ni...@fmr.com.INVALID> on 2015/09/17 17:07:35 UTC

Potential Issue with pausing jobs

Hi,

I am experimenting with pausing a job. The job has a simple JDBC connection and a null output connection. I was experimenting with pausing the job and I notice that when I resume the job, and monitor it's progress in the simple history report, the job never seems to run the data query any more. I can see that it runs the seed query but it doesn't progress to the data query. If I abort the job and restart it, it does seem to start running the data query again.

Can anyone explain this behaviour? And on a side note, what is the difference between pausing a job and aborting a job?

Thanks,

Niall

Re: Potential Issue with pausing jobs

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Aborting a job, or restarting it, is perfectly safe and will lose no data.
As I said before, the difference lies in the fact that pausing does not
disrupt the document fetching and seeding schedules, while aborting will
disrupt these, and make everything start over schedule-wise.

Karl

Posted by "Colreavy, Niall" <Ni...@fmr.com.INVALID>.
Hi Karl,

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
I've attached a patch to the CONNECTORS-1242 ticket.

Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Colreavy, Niall" <Ni...@fmr.com.INVALID>.