Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by ivor <iv...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/24 03:14:33 UTC

I want to be a geode committer

My ASF account is:
    NAME    ivorzhou
    EMAIL:   ivorzhou@gmail.com

Thanks

Ivor Zhou

Re: I want to be a geode committer

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Ivor,

Welcome and I’m glad you are interested!  I’ve included some reading [1] [2] [3] below to help you understand the Apache model and how you could become a committer.

In a nutshell, committership is earned through project contributions.  Those contributions could include pull requests, bug reports, email activity, building examples, speaking at conferences, etc.  There are a lot of paths to becoming a committer and I encourage you to start by participating on the dev@ list.  If you need help or want to know where to start, just ask.

Thanks,
Anthony

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GEODE/Becoming+a+committer
[2] http://theapacheway.com