Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Sergey Antonov <an...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/26 09:18:37 UTC

[DISCUSS] Extra test coverage for ACTIVE_READ_ONLY cluster state

Hello, Igniters.

I introduced cluster read-only mode [1] and a new API for cluster state
change [2]. At the moment we don't have good test coverage for this
feature. I'm going to fix it and write tests and check that operations
are *denied
*in read-only mode:

   - data structures usage
   - cache create/clear/destroy
   - DDL requests
   - cache updates by task's execution / deployed service

And the following operations are *allowed *in read-only mode:

   - update of metastorage / distributed metastorage
   - updates to ignite-sys-cache
   - task's execution, but updates must be rejected
   - service deploy/undeploy, but updates must be rejected
   - data recovery on node join

I'll work under these tests in ticket [3].
Any objections?

BR, Sergey Antonov

Re[2]: [DISCUSS] Extra test coverage for ACTIVE_READ_ONLY cluster state

Posted by Zhenya Stanilovsky <ar...@mail.ru.INVALID>.
Sergey, changes looks good to me.

Re: [DISCUSS] Extra test coverage for ACTIVE_READ_ONLY cluster state

Posted by Sergey Antonov <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sergey Antonov <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sergey Antonov <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Muzafarov <mm...@apache.org>.