Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Roberto Iannone <r....@infodea.it> on 2009/01/07 19:40:13 UTC

[T.5.0.18] Errors_it.properties encoding problem

Hi guys,
it's my first time in this mailing list.
My English is very bad but I hope in the intelligence of readers ;)

The .../corelib/components/Errors_it.properties is encoded in ISO-8859-1
and it's a problem because (if I don't misunderstand) tapestry reads the
properties using UTF-8.

At the moment I've solved in this way

http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToOverrideTheDefaultErrorMessageBanner

and converting the original Errors_it.properties to UTF-8.

Cheers,

Roberto.

Re: [T.5.0.18] Errors_it.properties encoding problem

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Roberto Iannone <r....@infodea.it> wrote:

> The .../corelib/components/Errors_it.properties is encoded in ISO-8859-1 and
> it's a problem because (if I don't misunderstand) tapestry reads the
> properties using UTF-8.

You're right. The localization properties file was submitted long
before the UTF-8 changes and i was never updated.
Please fire an issue about that if you can with an updated properties file.

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com