Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Justin French <ju...@indent.com.au> on 2002/09/03 05:31:49 UTC

[users@httpd] setting SSL up on my local test server for development purposes

Hi all,

I'm looking for a tutorial/article/advice on how to go about setting up SSL
on my local office development server (FreeBSD, Apache 1.3x, PHP4, MySQL
3.32).  I don't particularly want to get a certificate for it... I just want
to be able to test SSL and https:// stuff locally during development THEN
upload to the live server.

Generally speaking, the server is very low traffic (me & one other developer
viewing it over the LAN, and occasionally a client looking at it over the
web).

Is it just a case of "flicking a switch" in the httpd.conf and restarting,
or more complex?

Thanks,

Justin French

Re: [users@httpd] setting SSL up on my local test server for development purposes

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>.
Assuming you build from ports; check out the 'make certificate
TYPE=custom' option. Or browse back in the archive  - I posted a
slightly more complete script for FreeBSD a few weeks back.

Dw