Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Stefan <st...@unfunked.org> on 2003/08/17 06:19:56 UTC

Crash when moving a directory inside itself

Hi...

I had a look for this issue but couldn't find anything. I know it's not
really a proper way to use the program but I suppose a message of some
kind would be better than a crash.

I tested this using Subversion 0.26.0 on Windows 2000... I presume the
same thing happens on an OS other than Windows since it's using a
server-side move.

Steps to reproduce:

svnadmin create /repos
svn mkdir file:///repos/dir -m ""
svn mv file:///repos/dir file:///repos/dir/subdir -m ""
BANG!

Stefan

Re: Crash when moving a directory inside itself

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
Stefan <st...@unfunked.org> writes:

> Should I submit this one on Bugzilla then? Or has someone else done
> it?

Not yet.  Gimme a chance to see if it's something obvious.

Re: Crash when moving a directory inside itself

Posted by Stefan <st...@unfunked.org>.

Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> writes:

> Stefan <st...@unfunked.org> writes:
>
> > svnadmin create /repos
> > svn mkdir file:///repos/dir -m ""
> > svn mv file:///repos/dir file:///repos/dir/subdir -m ""
>
> Very easy recipe for a segfault.  I poked around in gdb, but I
> couldn't figure out what was going on in 5 minutes.  Something do with
> a NULL parent-baton being passed into the path-driver callback -- it's
> all cmike's new path-driver stuff.  Mike, you wanna look real quick?

Nailed it on the train.  Running tests, then will commit up.

Re: Crash when moving a directory inside itself

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.