Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl> on 2014/12/11 17:50:05 UTC

What are the next steps?

Hi,

I filed a few issues in JIRA to improve AVRO and provided patches to the
best of how I understand you want them.

*Java: adding getSomethingBuilder() to the generated Builder code*
    *    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1614
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1614> *

*Minor fix in the .gitignore*

*    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1616
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1616>*

*Java: Generate better JavaDoc*

*    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1619
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1619>*

On the first one ( AVRO-1614 ) I already got some great feedback from Doug
Cutting which I already implemented.

So what is the next step in the process?

What do I need to do to get this reviewed and committed ?
(or rejected if you guys really don't want the change I proposed)

--
Best regards

Niels Basjes

Re: What are the next steps?

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.
Thanks for explaining.
About a day after I sent this email I saw a news item that you were in
somewhere in Asia.
So I already understood that I simply had to be a bit more patient.

Niels

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 8:30 PM, Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> wrote:

> You're doing everything right, including sending this friendly reminder
> message.
>
> The Avro community tries to review patches promptly and commit them
> when ready but we sometimes fall behind and/or lose track of things.
> I was travelling last week and didn't have much time to look at Avro.
> This week I hope to catch up.  I'll try to take a look at these issues
> soon.
>
> We welcome reviews from non-committers and tend to readily promote
> folks to committer status once they've made more than a handful of
> contributions so they can then help reduce the backlog.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Doug
>
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 8:50 AM, Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I filed a few issues in JIRA to improve AVRO and provided patches to the
> > best of how I understand you want them.
> >

> > *Java: adding getSomethingBuilder() to the generated Builder code*
> >     *    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1614
> > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1614> *
> >

> > *Minor fix in the .gitignore*
> >
> > *    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1616
> > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1616>*
> >

> > *Java: Generate better JavaDoc*
> >
> > *    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1619
> > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1619>*
> >
> > On the first one ( AVRO-1614 ) I already got some great feedback from
> Doug
> > Cutting which I already implemented.
> >
> > So what is the next step in the process?
> >
> > What do I need to do to get this reviewed and committed ?
> > (or rejected if you guys really don't want the change I proposed)
> >
> > --
> > Best regards
> >
> > Niels Basjes

Niels Basjes