Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by clar <cl...@hotmail.com> on 2013/10/30 03:13:16 UTC

Setting dead message to a specific queue at the same time discard expired message

Hi, I wanted to set dead message to a specific queue, at the same time
discard expired message. Below is a snippet of my activemq.xml.

<destinationPolicy>
      <policyMap>
        <policyEntries>
          <policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="true"
memoryLimit="1mb">
            <deadLetterStrategy>
              <individualDeadLetterStrategy queuePrefix="DLQ."
useQueueForQueueMessages="true" processExpired="false" />
            </deadLetterStrategy>
            <pendingQueuePolicy>
                <vmQueueCursor />
            </pendingQueuePolicy>
          </policyEntry>
        </policyEntries>
      </policyMap>
    </destinationPolicy>

But however, the message does not seems to be discarded even though I  had
set time to live to 10 sec. It still goes to the specific DLQ. Any idea
where has gone wrong? Many thanks.

(My apology for hijacking another thread to post the above )