Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Christian Recktenwald <sp...@citecs.de> on 2008/09/13 17:15:45 UTC

access to binary attachments from $PerMsgStatus ?

Hi,

writing a plugin to investigate zip-file content I see the need
to get access to attachment data.

The stucture I get from the method argv using the code below
lacks contents using the MIME type "application/octet-stream" - at least.
(If I just change the content-type: header for testing purpose to
 "text/plain" in the message, I can get the binary stuff)

<noxmltag type="read_this_as_code">
sub zipcontent_is_like {
        my ($self, $permsgstatus, $args, @Args) = @_;

		my $msg = $permsgstatus->get_message();

		for my $i (@{$msg->{body_parts}}) {
			print Data::Dumper->Dump([ $i ]);
		}

</noxmltag>

So: what can I do to get access to the binary / base64 attachment content?

TIA, Chris

--
Christian Recktenwald
spamassassin-talk-dist@citecs.de

Re: access to binary attachments from $PerMsgStatus ?

Posted by Jonas Eckerman <jo...@frukt.org>.
Christian Recktenwald wrote:

> The stucture I get from the method argv using the code below
> lacks contents using the MIME type "application/octet-stream" - at least.
[...]
> 		for my $i (@{$msg->{body_parts}}) {

Have you tried using the find_parts method?

see perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Message::Node

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman, FSDB & Fruktträdet