Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John McMeeking <jm...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/08/21 17:54:56 UTC

Not able to start Tomcat 4.0.4 with IBM supplied Java 1.3.1

I am trying to run Tomcat 4.0.4 with an IBM JRE 1.3.1 on Windows 2000.  I
can start Tomcat with the Sun JRE (1.3.1_04) with out any problem.  But
using the IBM JRE I get the following exception running startup:

java.util.zip.ZipException: Access is denied
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:127)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:138)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:80)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.
addRepositoryInternal(StandardClassLoader.java:1216)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.
<init>(StandardClassLoader.java:200)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.
createClassLoader(ClassLoaderFactory.java:202)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:138)
Bootstrap: Class loader creation threw exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addRepositoryInternal: java.util.zip.
ZipException: Access is denied
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.
addRepositoryInternal(StandardClassLoader.java:1246)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.
<init>(StandardClassLoader.java:200)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.
createClassLoader(ClassLoaderFactory.java:202)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:138)

Am I missing some Java package?   Do I need to change some settings in some
property file?  Or does this look like a JRE bug I need to take up with
IBM?

John  McMeeking