Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by radu01 <ra...@intelliplus.ro> on 2009/01/29 02:30:49 UTC

Integrate only entity and service framework in custom application

Hi All,

I'm studying the possibility to use ofbiz framework in my application - just
entity and service frameworks.
However, I don't want to use webtools framework or application server
provided with the default installation.

What I would like to have in the end is just the framework jar files bundled
in my application. I don't want to use the ERP, CRM, etc and I want to have
the freedom to make and deploy my application as I want (portlet in any
application server, GUI, ...)

As I'm new to ofbiz, my question is: there are any cycling dependence of
libraries that will not allow decouple? Can I use just ofbiz-entity.jar and
ofbiz-service.jar in my custom application?

If yes, there is any example that I can use to get started (not the default
ones that are all using webtools)? I would like to see what jar I need in my
classpath to compile/deploy.

Thanks!