Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com> on 2013/09/19 01:28:08 UTC

[VOTE][RESULTS] Release Apache CloudStack 4.2.0 (fifth round)

The vote has *passed* with the following results (binding PMC votes indicated with a "*" next to their name:

+1 : Alex*, Chip*, Sebastien*, Prasanna*, Hugo*, Marcus*, Wido*,  Sebastien, Rajesh Batala, Sheng, Vijay, Abhi, Likitha, Ian, Gavin,  Daan, Amogh, Simon Weller,

I'm going to proceed with moving the release into the distribution repo now and work on release notes and other documentation tasks.

Thanks
Animesh

RE: [VOTE][RESULTS] Release Apache CloudStack 4.2.0 (fifth round)

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Can we do option (1) please? Many users, including myself, have been
waiting for 4.2 to be released for months.

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.
So, I'll be testing KVM which requires the new VR, hence why I want to test the docs.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.
Ok it's on the way VPC upgrade has been tested and working now. Just pulled the commits into 4.2 and building another RC now

Posted by Tracy Phillips <tr...@mantoso.com>.
I agree with the respin.

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.
Animesh,

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com>.
I think one of the issues is that practically all the community testing is based on new installs. Since we didn't appear to have a published upgrade procedure available for 4.x to 4.2, it made it very hard to test in a reliable way.
I did try a couple of upgrades from 4.02 and 4.1 in my lab, and was unable to bring up the virtual routers (non VPC). But I assumed maybe I missed something in the upgrade procedure, so I didn't consider it valid.

We do need to have a think about how we can encourage the community to try upgrades and publish the results. But in order to do so, we need well documented upgrade steps to remove any ambiguity.

- Si

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.