Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by usha Kanteti <u_...@yahoo.com> on 2010/05/25 17:33:06 UTC

Transacting a route.

	<package>Services</package>

	<onException useOriginalMessage="true" >
		<exception>java.lang.Throwable</exception>
		<redeliveryPolicy maximumRedeliveries="3" />
		<handled>
		<constant>true</constant>
		</handled>
	</onException>

	<route>
		<from uri="jms:topic:SOURCETOPICS" />
		<bean ref="myBean" method="myMethod"/>
	 	 step2 : call web-service
 		 step3 : save the web-service response in the Database.
	</route>
</camelContext>

I have the above route in my bundle and I use camel 2.2

My question is how can I make this route as transacted meaning
if I am processing "message 1" and exception occurs at any step of the
route, then that
message is not properly consumed yet ( in my understading) and now if
stop this bundle and restart this bundle again, I should be able to
reprocess the "message 3" which
was not properly consumed earlier.

Do I have to include  <transacted /> after every step of the route?

Thanks.

Re: Transacting a route.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Read about transactions here
http://camel.apache.org/transactional-client.html

Or check out chapter 9 in the Camel in Action book which is devoted to
cover transactions.

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:33 PM, usha Kanteti <u_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> <camelContext xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
>        <package>Services</package>
>
>        <onException useOriginalMessage="true" >
>                <exception>java.lang.Throwable</exception>
>                <redeliveryPolicy maximumRedeliveries="3" />
>                <handled>
>                <constant>true</constant>
>                </handled>
>        </onException>
>
>        <route>
>                <from uri="jms:topic:SOURCETOPICS" />
>                <bean ref="myBean" method="myMethod"/>
>                 step2 : call web-service
>                 step3 : save the web-service response in the Database.
>        </route>
> </camelContext>
>

> I have the above route in my bundle and I use camel 2.2
>
> My question is how can I make this route as transacted meaning
> if I am processing "message 1" and exception occurs at any step of the
> route, then that
> message is not properly consumed yet ( in my understading) and now if
> stop this bundle and restart this bundle again, I should be able to
> reprocess the "message 3" which
> was not properly consumed earlier.
>
> Do I have to include  <transacted /> after every step of the route?
>
> Thanks.

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/