Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by DeepBhavsar <de...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/21 09:35:10 UTC

use ActiveMQ with M2Eclipse

Hi

I am new to ActiveMQ. I have never worked with JMS before this. I want to
start working with ActiveMQ.
I want Eclipse as my IDE and Tomcat/Weblogic as my server.

Can I configure ActiveMQ with these IDE and Server? How?

Please suggest some links or guideline so that I can start working.

Thanks & Regards

Re: use ActiveMQ with M2Eclipse

Posted by Andreas Gies <ag...@progress.com>.
Hi again,

I am still not sure whether I get the question correctly. Are you
asking how to write a simple JMS client ?
In that case you may want to read up on JMS in general, for example
here: http://java.sun.com/products/jms/tutorial/
If you want to learn about ActiveMQ, there is plenty of online
documentation available. If you are in need of sample code
a good place to look are the test cases for ActiveMQ. You might be
interested in the JMSTestSupport class that is kind
of the base class for other tests on the client side and shows how to
set up a connection, sessions on the client side.

This having said, ActiveMQ complies to the JMS spec, so you should be
fine with a client using the standard API.

It seems you want to use ActiveMQ in a J2EE environment as a messaging
provider. So your clients are probably
J2EE components like servlets, message driven beans or session beans?

In that case you want to learn, how to set up a connection factory and
store that in your app servers JNDI tree for reference.
Again within that environment you will be using the standard API's and
the source code should be compatible with either
server. The configuration is different.

If you want to use a higher level API, you might want to look into
Camel http://camel.apache.org) that provides an activemq endpoint
hiding much of the complexity of the JMS bits and bytes.

I hope that helps
Andreas

On Jan 21, 2009, at 12:06 PM, DeepBhavsar wrote:

> Hi Andreas
>
> Thanks for reply.
>
> I have downloaded javax.jms JAR file. I have installed Weblogic and
> Tomcat
> both.
>
> Now, I want to know that how can I create any simple application using
> ActiveMQ.
>
> and one thing more, which server will be better option for me to
> work with
> ActiveMQ (Tomcat or Weblogic)?
>
> Is there any Free PDF book available online?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andreas Gies-3 wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> what exactly are you trying to achieve?
>>
>> When it comes down to using m2eclipse you need to configure as
>> suggested in the specific web pages at m2eclipse.sonatype.org.
>> One thing you might want to do, is to look at some of the pom's in
>> the
>> active mq examples and add the repositories referenced in your
>> settings.xml.
>> Doing that made the various archetypes visible in my own environment.
>>
>> This having said, personally I don't like a "polluted" settings.xml
>> either as every developer on the team needs to have more or less the
>> same settings.
>> Therefore I am running a local nexus on my dev box and use that as a
>> proxy to all the maven repositories I regularly use.
>>
>> I hope that helps
>> Andreas
>>

>> On Jan 21, 2009, at 9:35 AM, DeepBhavsar wrote:
>>

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am new to ActiveMQ. I have never worked with JMS before this. I
>>> want to
>>> start working with ActiveMQ.
>>> I want Eclipse as my IDE and Tomcat/Weblogic as my server.
>>>
>>> Can I configure ActiveMQ with these IDE and Server? How?
>>>

>>> Please suggest some links or guideline so that I can start working.
>>>

>>> Thanks & Regards
>>>

>> ---
>> Mit freundlichen Grüssen - Kind Regards
>> Andreas Gies
>> Principal Consultant
>> Open Source Center of Competence
>>
>> Progress Software GmbH
>> Agrippinawerft 26
>> 50678 Köln
>>
>> E-Mail      	agies@progress.com
>> Direct Line 	+49 (0)9953 980349
>> Mobile      	+49 (0)170 5759611
>> Skype        	+44 (0)20 3239 2922
>> Skype       	+353 (0)1 443 4971
>> Skype       	+1 (0)781 262 0168
>>
>> http://www.progress.com
>> http://fusesource.com
>> http://open-source-adventures.blogspot.com

>> Progress Software GmbH
>>
>> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Agrippinawerft 26, 50678 Koeln;
>> Niederlassung: Fuerstenrieder Str. 279, 81377 Muenchen
>> Amtsgericht Koeln, HRB 15620;
>> Geschaeftsfuehrung: David Ireland, Stefan Bastian

---

Posted by DeepBhavsar <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andreas

Posted by Andreas Gies <ag...@progress.com>.
Hello,

what exactly are you trying to achieve?

When it comes down to using m2eclipse you need to configure as
suggested in the specific web pages at m2eclipse.sonatype.org.
One thing you might want to do, is to look at some of the pom's in the
active mq examples and add the repositories referenced in your
settings.xml.
Doing that made the various archetypes visible in my own environment.

This having said, personally I don't like a "polluted" settings.xml
either as every developer on the team needs to have more or less the
same settings.
Therefore I am running a local nexus on my dev box and use that as a
proxy to all the maven repositories I regularly use.

I hope that helps
Andreas

On Jan 21, 2009, at 9:35 AM, DeepBhavsar wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am new to ActiveMQ. I have never worked with JMS before this. I
> want to
> start working with ActiveMQ.
> I want Eclipse as my IDE and Tomcat/Weblogic as my server.
>
> Can I configure ActiveMQ with these IDE and Server? How?
>

> Please suggest some links or guideline so that I can start working.
>

> Thanks & Regards

---