Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by fitman_82 <fe...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/13 11:41:42 UTC

Hbase bulk insert vs Hbase scan

Hi guys,
I'm new on Hbase, and I've notice a strange problem during an Hbase filter
scan.
I tried to start one insert process, that insert continually many record
into one table. So, during that, I tried to launch a second process for
querying the DB with a filtered scan. So.....during that, Hbase seems to
stop the insert, the insertion speed is reduced to minimal......near the
stop :-( !

So.......this is a my problem, or a simple function on Hbase?

Another question: What is the difference in using  ImmutableBytesWritable or
not using that for the key?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Hbase bulk insert vs Hbase scan

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
What version of HBase are you using - 0.20.x or 0.89 ?