Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Ankur Padia <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/25 18:05:28 UTC

Need of a Data set to measure goodness of Similarity function

Hello everyone,

    I am a PhD student working in domain of Semantic Web. I have defined
similarity function to measure the amount of overlapping between two given
ontological definition. Currently I am searching a way to determine how
good the defined functions are but out of luck. I have seen OAEI
(Ontological Alignment and Evaluation Initiative)[1] but it focuses on the
alignment which is problem that does not take lexicon under consideration
(i.e. Same definition may be labelled differently for example D = A
Intersection B in Ontology 1 while in other ontology it could be E = A
intersection B). Even sample ontology containing derived concepts defined
using only Union and Intersection is also fine. Any help or guide line
would be appreciated.

- Ankur Padia.

Re: Need of a Data set to measure goodness of Similarity function

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

This is more appropriate for the users@ list (you are not subscribed to
that list).

	Andy