Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Fabrice MAUPIN <fm...@iback.fr> on 2015/04/07 09:41:16 UTC

Font not embedded in PDF File !

Hi,

I would like that the Calibri Font is embedded in my PDF File.

This is my FOP configuration file :

<fop version="1.0">

       <renderers>

             <renderer mime="application/pdf">

                    <fonts>

metrics-url="file:///C:/Users/FMAUPIN/Desktop/fonts/calibri.xml"

                                  kerning="yes"
embed-url="file:///C:/Windows/Fonts/calibri.ttf">

style="normal" weight="normal" />

metrics-url="file:///C:/Users/FMAUPIN/Desktop/fonts/calibrib.xml"

                                  kerning="yes"
embed-url="file:///C:/Windows/Fonts/calibrib.ttf">

style="normal" weight="bold" />

                           <auto-detect />

                    </fonts>

             </renderer>

       </renderers>

</fop>

When I launch my application (Jar File packaging by Eclipse) and that I
generate my PDF file, I notice that the Calibri font was not embedded in
this file !

FOP takes by default a Font (Times I think).

It's very strange because the <auto detect> tag has to  take into account
the all installed Fonts in system folder.

For information, if I execute my application under Eclipse (before build  -
DEV mode), no problem : the Calibri Font is embedded in my PDF File !

So, Is it necessary to  embed the Font during the packaging of the
application so that it works ? If yes how ?

The behavior of <auto - detect> tag is it different between running from
Eclipse and running from Jar File ?

Any ideas ?

Thank you in advance

Fabrice

---

Re: Font not embedded in PDF File !

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

I note you got no reply to this e-mail. That's most likely because this
user is not intended for user questions. Please subscribe to
fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org and ask your question there instead.

Thanks,

Chris