Posted to user@flume.apache.org by shangan chen <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/05 13:28:45 UTC

hdfs sink with lzo codec failed to rename

I use hdfs sink with lzo codec, when finished injecting data to flume
agent, I found ***.lzo.tmp file in hdfs. It seems the hdfs outputstream
failed to call close, so rename is thus not called.
Anyone can explain why ? thanks a lot !

--
have a good day!
chenshang'an

Re: hdfs sink with lzo codec failed to rename

Posted by shangan chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
I think I mistook the mechanism how renaming is triggered. If I configure
the rollInterval or rollSize, when it reach the time interval or reach the
rollsize, it triggers the renaming. But if I only configure the rollSize
and the file size never reach that large, rename will never be triggered.
Before  I think when I finished writing, it should trigger closing thus
call the rename. Now I add rollInterval, problem resolved.

Posted by shangan chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
hi, Lenin,

Posted by Lenin Raj <em...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chen,