Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Lam, Ann C. W." <an...@hp.com> on 2004/02/03 21:11:21 UTC

How to disable session persistence at shutdown?

Hello,
I have been trying to disable session persistence at shutdown using the default context element below placed inside the host element of my Tomcat server.xml configuration file. This solution was offered by a post to this discussion list, subject "RE: Manager - STOP application fails to stop session!!!" When I try this, Tomcat starts, and then immediately dies. I am running V. 4.1.29.
Thanks for any thoughts on this,
Ann Lam

<Context path="">
	<Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"
		debug="0"
		saveOnRestart="false"
		maxActiveSessions="-1"
		minIdleSwap="-1"
		maxIdleSwap="-1"
		maxIdleBackup="-1">
		<Store className="org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore"/>
	</Manager>
</Context>

Re: How to disable session persistence at shutdown?

Posted by Filip Hanik <de...@hanik.com>.
<Context path="">
<Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager"
debug="0"
path="/thisisaninvalidpath/"
</Manager>
</Context>