Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org> on 2007/11/25 17:03:27 UTC

Re: cocoon.roles, users.role and my.roles

Mansour pisze:
> Hello all,
> What is my.role file? What are these role files ? what are they for?

*.roles files are responsible for setting up basis of Avalon Framework so files like cocoon.xconf or
components configuration in sitemaps can be parsed correctly. In 99,9% cases you won't need to touch
or even read these files even if you are going to customize Cocoon deeply.

Another reason to not bother about them too much is that we already switched to Spring and we
support Avalon for back-compatibility only.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski