Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stefan <lu...@posteo.de> on 2016/07/03 23:22:28 UTC

[users@httpd] Windows build issues

Hi,

I understand that building Apache httpd on Windows using VS has a couple
of undocumented issues. Namely using VS 2015 I run into these problems:
1. parallel builds cause spurious build failures
2. Apache monitor fails to link with the following error: CVTRES : fatal
error CVT1100: duplicate resource.  type:MANIFEST, name:1, language:0x0409
3. Apache monitor fails to link with the following error:
ApacheMonitor.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _setargv
referenced in function WinMain

As far as I'm concerned two issues are widely known already:
Issue 1:
http://httpd.markmail.org/message/ckbjaxa27dvbjkhm?q=build+parallel
(dates back to January 04 2012)
Issue 3: http://marc.info/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=143255557131122&w=2
(dates back to May 25 2015)

I don't see any mentioning of these build issues in the Apache
bugtracker. Should I create corresponding bugreports, or was it for some
reason decided not to have them listed as bugs in the bugtracker?

Regards,
Stefan

Re: [users@httpd] Windows build issues

Posted by Stefan <lu...@posteo.de>.
On 7/4/2016 01:22, Stefan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I understand that building Apache httpd on Windows using VS has a couple
> of undocumented issues. Namely using VS 2015 I run into these problems:
> 1. parallel builds cause spurious build failures
> 2. Apache monitor fails to link with the following error: CVTRES : fatal
> error CVT1100: duplicate resource.  type:MANIFEST, name:1, language:0x0409
> 3. Apache monitor fails to link with the following error:
> ApacheMonitor.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _setargv
> referenced in function WinMain
>
> As far as I'm concerned two issues are widely known already:
> Issue 1:
> http://httpd.markmail.org/message/ckbjaxa27dvbjkhm?q=build+parallel
> (dates back to January 04 2012)
> Issue 3: http://marc.info/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=143255557131122&w=2
> (dates back to May 25 2015)
FWIW: I've reported the issue a year ago to MS:
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Feedback/Details/1633893
Maybe their response helps to determine the best fix for this issue.

Regards,
Stefan