Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Dharmesh Rana <dh...@itisl.com> on 2004/08/17 14:06:34 UTC

Deploying slide on WebLogic Server 8.1

I have successfully deployed slide.war server libraries on WebLogic Server 8.1
using BASIC authentication.

Steps are as under:-

1) I created a domain e.g. test

2) Created a new Security Realm... (e.g. WabanDAV)

3) Then using Providers Tab create the follwing:
    a) DefaultAdjudicator
    b) DefaultIdentity & DefaultAsserter
    c) DefaultAuthorizer
    d) DefaultCredentialMapper
    e) DefaultRoleMapper

4) After that click to your domain name in your left pane (Here mine is "test")
    - Click from the right pane to the hyperlink " View Domain-wide Security Settings"

    - Select the Default Realm from the list box (here mine is "WabanDAV") and click "Apply" button

5) Click on the User Management Tab for WabanDAV Security Realm

    a) Click the Manage Groups within Security Realm
        - Configure a new group by giving name as "mygroup"

    b) Click Manage Users within Security Realm hyperlink to create new users

        - Create the following new users by clicking hyperlink "Configure a new User"

        - Create following users by filling up Name and Password fields:-
            - User Name        Password(Min 8 characters)

          i) root                     rootpass
          ii) guest                  guestpass

    c) Select user "root" and click on "Groups" Tab
        - Select the "mygroup" from the "Possible Groups" list box to "Current Groups"
            This will allow the group to which this user belongs.

      Similarly, Select user "guest" and click on "Groups" Tab and select the group for the user "guest"

6) Enable the <auth-constraint> element in web.xml. Check the web.xml:-

<web-app>
-
-
-
 <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>root</role-name>
      <role-name>guest</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
    <user-data-constraint>
      <transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
    </user-data-constraint>
  </security-constraint>

  <login-config>
    <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
    <realm-name>WabanDAV</realm-name>
  </login-config>

  <security-role>
    <role-name>root</role-name>
  </security-role>

  <security-role>
    <role-name>guest</role-name>
  </security-role>
-
-
-
-
<web-app>

6) Create the weblogic.xml

<!DOCTYPE weblogic-web-app PUBLIC "-//BEA Systems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 8.1//EN" "http://www.bea.com/servers/wls810/dtd/weblogic810-web-jar.dtd">
<weblogic-web-app>
  <security-role-assignment>
    <role-name>root</role-name>
    <principal-name>mygroup</principal-name>
  </security-role-assignment>

  <security-role-assignment>
    <role-name>guest</role-name>
    <principal-name>mygroup</principal-name>
  </security-role-assignment>

</weblogic-web-app>

7) Create the slide.war and test using http://localhost:7001/slide/

    - This will provide the Login Screen

    - Fill up the username as "root"  and password as "rootpass" and check the application.

I hope this will be helpful to those who wants to deploy slide on WebLogic.

Currently, I am just working on how to set up Oracle Store. If some one has idea please let me know.
Also, I would be grateful if some one can give guidelines on how to run the client libraries using WebLogic.

Cheers,

Dharmesh

Re: Deploying slide on WebLogic Server 8.1

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
Thanks for posting this! When I get a chance I'll add it to the wiki.

-James