Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com> on 2017/10/27 18:54:45 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Ignite 2.3.0 RC1

Igniters,

We have uploaded a 2.3.0 release candidate to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ignite/2.3.0-rc1/

Git tag name is
2.3.0-rc1

This release includes the following changes:

Ignite:
* Ability to enable persistence per data region.
* Default page size is changed to 4KB.
* Ability to enable and disable rebalancing per-node.
* Added methods for batch services deployment.
* Introduced cache start/stop order on cluster activation.
* EstimatedRebalancingFinishTime and RebalancingStartTime metrics are
exposed through MXBean interface.
* Ability to (de)activate cluster via http-rest API.
* Added Ignite update notifier.
* Updated Lucene dependency to version 5.5.2.
* Added an option to disable MBeans.
* Added sorted and multithreaded checkpoint modes.
* Added calculation of fill factor memory metric in persistent mode.
* Added estimated time for rebalance start and completion to cache metrics.
* Added API to add binary metadata locally.
* Added write throttling during an ongoing checkpoint to avoid zero
performance drops.
* Ability to convert WAL to human-redable form.
* Ability to handle CacheObject from DataRecord in standalone WAL iterator.
* Support for uninterruptable writes using AsyncFileIOFactory; enabled with
-DIGNITE_USE_ASYNC_FILE_IO_FACTORY=true.
* Enhanced persistent store path resolving to not rely on automatically
generated consistent ID.
* Pre-configure local event listeners with
IgniteConfiguration.LocalEventListeners.
* Massive performance and stability improvements.

Ignite.NET:
* LINQ: Local collections joins support.
* LINQ: Regex support.

Ignite CPP:
* Added Compute::Broadcast method.
* Added Ignite::SetActive method.

SQL:
* Added sqlline utility to the build.
* CREATE TABLE: Added NOT NULL support.
* CREATE TABLE: Ability to specify cache, key type and value type names.
* CREATE TABLE: Added "WRAP_KEY" and "WRAP_VALUE" options to CREATE TABLE
command.
* CREATE TABLE: Added DATA_REGION option.
* CREATE TABLE: Added WRITE_SYNCHRONIZATION_MODE option.
* ALTER TABLE: ADD COLUMN support.
* Added lazy query execution mode (SqlFieldsQuery.setLazy).
* Added QuerySqlField.inlineSize property.
* Added FieldsQueryCursor interface to get fields metadata for
SqlFieldsQuery.
* Added QueryEntity(Class keyClass, Class valueClass) constructor.
* Improved LocalDate, LocalTime and LocalDateTime support for Java 8.
* Optimized memory consumption during query execution.
* Fixed BigInteger data type handling.

JDBC Driver:
* Batch update support.
* SQLSTATE error codes support.
* Added "enforceJoinOrder" flag to connection string.
* Added "skipReducerOnUpdate" flag.
* Thin driver: Allowed execution of multiple SQL statements in one command.
* Thin driver: Added metadata support.
* Thin driver: Added type conversions in accordance with specification.
* Thin driver: Added schema to connection string.
* Thin driver: Added Statement.closeOnCompletion() support.
* Appended UUID to thick driver's Ignite instance name to avoid collision
with user-created instances.
* Fixed a bug in PreparedStatement not clearing query parameters after
execution.

ODBC Driver:
* SQLSTATE error codes support.
* Support for BINARY and VARBINARY types.
* DML statement batching.
* SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_DEAD connection attribute.
* SQLGetInfo for info types.
* Added "skipReducerOnUpdate" flag.
* SQLRowCount now returns number of affected rows for non-batch queries.
* SQLBindParameter do not unbind parameter if the ParameterValuePtr is NULL
anymore.
* Fixed error on cursor closing before all the rows from the result fetched.

Machine Learning:
* Implemented K-means clustering algorithm optimized for distributed
storages.
* Introduced sparse block distributed matrix.
* Initial BLAS implementation.
* Integration with BLAS via netlib.
* Added getRow() and getCol() methods to Matrix API.

Web Console:
* Improved DDL support.
* Added PK alias generation on Models screen.
* Added generation of QueryEntity.keyFields on model import from RDBMS.
* Added sanitize user on save.
* Added charts with throughput and latency metrics for cache operations.
* Added version to footer.
* Added "Lazy ResultSet" flag on Queries screen.
* Implemented refresh rate for Monitoring screen.
* Implemented cluster nodes log viewer.

Visor:
* Ability to keep connection opened in batch mode.
* Ability to activate/deactivate cluster.
* Improved cache statistics.
* Added missing configuration properties to "config" command.
* Fixed script execution after alert throttling interval.

Complete list of closed issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20IGNITE%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.3%20AND%20(status%20%3D%20closed%20or%20status%20%3D%20resolved)

DEVNOTES
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=DEVNOTES.txt;hb=refs/tags/2.3.0-rc1

RELEASE NOTES
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=RELEASE_NOTES.txt;hb=refs/tags/2.3.0-rc1

Please start voting.

+1 - to accept Apache Ignite 2.3.0-RC1
0 - don't care either way
-1 - DO NOT accept Apache Ignite 2.3.0-RC1 (explain why)

This vote will go for 72 hours.

Vladimir.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Ignite 2.3.0 RC1

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
-1

We lost ML module binaries. Will start new vote soon.

Posted by Valentin Kulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)