Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jaimes Blunt <jb...@itravel2000.com> on 2003/03/07 22:30:05 UTC

LogConfigurationException on Tomcat 4.1.12

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone seen the following error on Tomcat4.1.12 running with jdk1.3.  Whenever I get this message it pretty much stops all requests from accessing the server.  I just end up with page cannot be displayed on the client side.

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging
.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException
: Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog does not implement Log
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactory
Impl.java:530)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactory
Impl.java:285)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:401)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.log.CommonLogHandler.log(CommonLogHandler.java
:97)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.log.Log.log(Log.java:198)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.log.Log.log(Log.java:192)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.log.Log.log(Log.java:174)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadP
ool.java:536)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Thanks All

Jaimes