Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Dean Wampler <de...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/01 00:25:19 UTC

My talk on "Spark: The Next Top (Compute) Model"

I meant to post this last week, but this is a talk I gave at the Philly ETE
conf. last week:

http://www.slideshare.net/deanwampler/spark-the-next-top-compute-model

Also here:

http://polyglotprogramming.com/papers/Spark-TheNextTopComputeModel.pdf

dean

--
Dean Wampler, Ph.D.
Typesafe

Re: My talk on "Spark: The Next Top (Compute) Model"

Posted by Dean Wampler <de...@gmail.com>.
I updated the uploads at both locations to fix slide 23. Thanks for the
feedback.

dean

Posted by diplomatic Guru <di...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dean Wampler <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ZhangYi <yi...@thoughtworks.com>.

Posted by Dean Wampler <de...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the clarification. I'll fix the slide. I've done a lot of
Scalding/Cascading programming where the two concepts are synonymous, but
clearly I was imposing my prejudices here ;)

dean

Posted by Daniel Darabos <da...@lynxanalytics.com>.