Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de> on 2014/11/26 20:15:44 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Code organization for the .NET code

Hi,

as you've seen, we have filed REEF-51 to track progress towards
putting REEF.NET into the Apache GIT. This raises the question of
where it shall live relative to the java sources we have today.

I propose the following organization, inspired by Apache Avro[0],
which is also implemented in several languages:

'/lang/java' is where the current code goes
'/lang/cs' is where the c# code goes
'/lang/cpp' is where the C++ code for the bridge goes

All project-level files (LICENSE, README, BUILD, ...) shall stay in
'/'. Also, it will probably be good to have a build script in SH and
PowerShell that orchestrates the invocation of `mvn` and `msbuild` in
just the right order, is that matters here.

What do you think?

Markus

[0]: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/avro/trunk/

RE: [DISCUSSION] Code organization for the .NET code

Posted by "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qi...@microsoft.com>.
Looks good to me.

 ./ level build is for cross language build script for the entire project. I guess each language should still have their own build script at subfolder levels. For example, for C#, we should be able to build it at any subfolder of the project with msbuild.

Thanks,
Julia

I take it there are no (strong) opinions on this? In this case, we will proceed with the below when the C# code comes in.

Markus

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
Hi,