Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Álvaro Recuero <al...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/27 14:15:03 UTC

Replication warning

Does anyone get this when replication is enabled in HBase? If it is a
warning but does not stop coming up, I wonder what that loop is that
iterating through and if this is really a critical problem.

cheers,
Álvaro

2013-05-27 13:10:40,406 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource: Waited
too long for this file, considering dumping
2013-05-27 13:10:40,406 DEBUG
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource: Unable
to open a reader, sleeping 1000 times 10
2013-05-27 13:10:50,411 WARN
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource: 1 Got:
java.io.EOFException
at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:197)
 at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:169)
at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.init(SequenceFile.java:1508)
 at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1486)
at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1475)
 at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1470)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.SequenceFileLogReader$WALReader.<init>(SequenceFileLogReader.java:55)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.SequenceFileLogReader.init(SequenceFileLogReader.java:177)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.HLog.getReader(HLog.java:721)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationHLogReaderManager.openReader(ReplicationHLogReaderManager.java:66)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource.openReader(ReplicationSource.java:562)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource.run(ReplicationSource.java:339)

Re: Replication warning

Posted by Álvaro Recuero <al...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Ted. I have patched and the warning is gone now, that's right. I
will take a look as well at 0.94.8 then if you think is worthwhile for
replication purposes, although I would try to stick to my current set up if
possible.

cheers,
Álvaro

Re: Replication warning