Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Mark Claassen <mc...@ocie.net> on 2005/08/22 20:14:24 UTC

Creating a custom task library

Is there any way to include the task definition descriptors in a jar file,
AKA custom tag libraries in JSP?

For instance, I create a library with two tasks, HelloEarth and HelloMars.
To use this I need to define the tasks using taskdef statements in my other
ant scripts.  It would be cool to incorporate into my library the taskdef
statements, say, in the MANIFEST.MF.  That way once I import my library, ANT
could see what my new taskdefs are and just use them; with me using
"taskdef" statements.

Mark

Confidentiality Notice:  OCIESERVICE
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely
for the addressee(s) named in this message. This communication is intended
to be and to remain confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message
and its attachments. Do not deliver, distribute, copy, disclose the contents
or take any action in reliance upon the information contained in the
communication or any attachments.
---------------------
Mark Claassen
Donnell Systems, Inc.