Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Nuno Carvalho <nu...@hotpop.com> on 2003/04/20 10:24:32 UTC

DailyRollingFileAppender changes

Hi there,

At the moment, the DailyRollingFileAppender class does not provides
the rollover operation if there is no logging activity.

My customer wants to retrieve the log files on a daily basis at a
specific time. Therefore, if there is no log activity, the rollovered
file won't be created.

I had changed the DailyRollingFileAppender class in order to provide
such functionality. The log files are rotated based on the date
pattern even when there is no log activity.

If you find it usefull, please feel free to use it.

Best regards,
    Nuno