Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by zhangao <ga...@qq.com.INVALID> on 2022/02/23 10:09:25 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Support custom and pluggable consumer selector for key shared subscription type

Hi Pulsar Community,

When we try to Introduce pulsar to our existing system, compatibility is our first consideration.

Firstly, our production system uses jump consistent hash algorithm to select consumers, but pulsar uses range consistent hash algorithm natively. It's impossible for us to guarantee that the same node can consume data with the same routing key from pulsar and our existing system simultaneously.

It's better pulsar supports custom consumer selector when using key shared subscription.

Thanks
Zhangao

[1] https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/13473 [2] https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/13470