Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Alessandro Santos <al...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/21 16:42:23 UTC

Method getNumericCellValue()

Hi folks!

I'm facing a weird problem: when I use the POI method
getNumericCellValue() to read a formula cell in a sheet created by
Excel, it returns me the formula result correctly. But when I use the
same method to read a formula cell in a sheet created by POI, it
returns me always the number zero. Can anyone tell me why? How can I
get the formula result from a cell in a sheet created by POI?
--
Alessandro

Re: Method getNumericCellValue()

Posted by av...@itellix.com.
POI is only a file format reader/writer, not a functional equivalent
for excel.
Thus, it only writes formulas in a format excel understands, and does not
calculate formula results.

HTH
-
Avik