Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org> on 2006/08/02 22:04:28 UTC

Re: In Derby SQL Authorization, is drop view the only way to drop a view created by a dba? Will revoke privilege ever drop such a view?

Mamta Satoor wrote:

> I have been thinking about some view testing and wrote a test case where
> the
> dba creates a view in a schema owned by some other user and the view is
> accessing objects from couple different schemas on which the view's schema
> owner doesn't have access to. The view creation from dba doesn't fail
> because dba can access any object in any schema and can create any
> object in
> any schema.

Is that true, namely "because dba can access any object in any schema
and can create any object in any schema"?

I could see that being the case, but I don't see that in the functional
spec for grant/revoke.

And are we calling this user the "DBA" or the "database owner"?

Dan.