Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bazy <ba...@goofy.celuloza.ro> on 2007/12/01 15:45:10 UTC

spamd bayes error

Hello guys,

Why after a period of time, after spamassassin keeps learning ham and
spam... do I get this message:

Dec  1 16:34:32 goofy spamd[1694]: bayes: cannot open bayes databases
/home/spamassassin/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: lock failed: File exists
Dec  1 16:34:41 goofy spamd[1694]: bayes: cannot open bayes databases
/home/spamassassin/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/W: lock failed: File exists

Is there any way that I can make the bayes database larger? Or I don't
get it... please point me out to some documentation that is specific on
bayes autolearning or explain it to me.

Thank you

Re: spamd bayes error

Posted by ma...@belfin.ch.
Hi

you seem to run global bayes.
Try to use a database such as mysql or pgsql for bayes.

you can make the db larger using the bayes_expiry_max_db_size parameter.
See perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf

Philipp