Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Truong,Hoang C." <ht...@mitre.org> on 2002/08/12 17:43:03 UTC

tomcat jsse help!

Hi All,
I wanted to turn on https support for tomcat.  So I ran this command:
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

I believe I mistypes keystore password.

Now, If I startup tomcat, I got this error message:
java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was
incorrect
        at
sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineLoad(JavaKeyStore.java:737)
        at java.security.KeyStore.load(KeyStore.java:608)

I tried to recreate the key again but got this error:
keytool error: java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or
password was incorrect

How do I recreate the key again?

Thanks,

-Hoang