Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Helen Karpinskaya <he...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/19 13:36:02 UTC

images

Dear Apache OpenOffice,

I'm an English teacher from Kiev, Ukraine. I'm currently working on
creating course books for learning English, and wish to publish them.

Could you tell me if I can use your images from the gallery (e.g.: people,
computers, signs, etc.) in my book or can I have your permission for this?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

--
Best regards,

Helen

Re: images

Posted by JZA <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gerry, Apache OpenOffice default cliparts are Creative Commons, also
there is an OpenClipArt site where you can get all the cliparts you need on
SVG or PNG.
https://openclipart.org/

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

RE: images

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Helen,

The Galleries are not produced and maintained by Apache OpenOffice.  The catalog and collection of clipart downloads are maintained as a service between Apache OpenOffice and SourceForge.

The images are from third parties.  Gallery sets/extensions are offered under licenses specified by their originators.  There is no blanket license.

See <https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Art/Gallery/Cliparts>.

On the extensions site, there is no identification of the licenses for individual extensions.  If installation of an extension does not present a license for your agreement, you will need to contact the originator for license information.

It may be easier to use one of the public web sites that provides general clip art for free use.

The note from Gerry Dutchie provides some useful suggestions.  You can perform an internet search for most of the names.

 - Dennis

Re: images