Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Carlos Araya <ca...@cvc.edu> on 2002/03/13 01:29:42 UTC

Problems compiling an extension

I'm trying to compile an extension for database access and am geting the
following error

[elrond@devserver xml-xalan]$ cd java
[elrond@devserver java]$ javac DatabaseExtension.java
DatabaseExtension.java:89: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : constructor XNodeSet  (org.w3c.dom.Element)
location: class org.apache.xpath.objects.XNodeSet
        dbResult = new XNodeSet(table);
                   ^
Note: DatabaseExtension.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
1 error

I've updated my cvs source but the result hasn't changed. Any suggestions?
Should I post the extension code as well?

Carlos
--
Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer

email               carlos@cvc.edu
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....for you are crunchy and  taste
good with ketchup and mayonnaise.."