Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/16 19:34:38 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.1.1 (2nd try)

I have have some questions that need answering before we can proceed
with the release. Please them inline below:

On 5/29/07, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > On 5/28/07, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Just a friendly reminder.  We're missing anoter IPMC vote ...
> >
> > issues
> > -------
> >
> > i think that apache-servicemix-3.1.1-incubating.tar.gz has some
> > libraries in lib that are missing their LICENSE/NOTICE entries (eg
> > howl, jencks)
> There are licensed under ASL 2.0 and don't have any NOTICE file afaik.
> Should all the jars be listed in the LICENSE / NOTICE file ? My assumption
> was that only those who had some attributions somehow or with a
> different license
> need to be, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Can someone clarify this? How are Apache Licensed projects that are
included in an ASF project supposed to be handled if they don't
provide their own NOTICE file?

> > apache-servicemix-3.1.1-incubating-src.zip contains a directory that
> > seems like somethings gone wrong (src/C:tmp)
> I will fix that.
> >
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/tags/servicemix-3.1.1/web/servicemix-web-console/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/sitemesh-decorator.tld
> >
> > is licensed under "The OpenSymphony Software License, Version 1.1" - i
> > can't see this in LICENSE or NOTICE. same goes to
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/tags/servicemix-3.1.1/web/servicemix-web-console/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/sitemesh-page.tld
> >

> > i think that
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/tags/servicemix-3.1.1/web/servicemix-web-console/src/main/webapp/js/common.js
> >
> > requires attribution but i can't see anything in NOTICE
> >
> > i think that
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/tags/servicemix-3.1.1/web/servicemix-web-console/src/main/webapp/js/css.js
> >
> > is missing from the LICENSE
> >
> > also
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/servicemix/tags/servicemix-3.1.1/web/servicemix-web-console/src/main/webapp/js/plotkit/*.js
> >

> > (after re-reading the latest version of
> > http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html, i'm not sure how this
> > applies javascript and other distributed source. i'll follow this up
> > with legal.)
> I will add these informations to the LICENSE / NOTICE files.

Is it sufficient to place these licenses in the NOTICE file? Can
someone clarify this please?

> > otherwise generally ok but i have a few questions
> >
> > source in
> > http://people.apache.org/~gnodet/servicemix-3.1.1-incubating/org/apache/servicemix/samples/wsdl-first/wsdl-first-jsr181-su/3.1.1-incubating/
> >
> > lacks headers. is this going to be released? if so, are these
> > generated?
> >
> > are the jars under
> > http://people.apache.org/~gnodet/servicemix-3.1.1-incubating/ going to
> > be released?
> >
> > servicemix-wsn2005-3.1.1-incubating-sources.jar contains lots of java
> > sources without headers (mostly under
> > org.apache.servicemix.wsn.jaxws). is this going to be released? if so,
> > are these generated?
> Yeah, lots of these files are generated.  Files generated are not in svn
> so we usually check the headers on the svn tree rather than the source
> jars generated by maven.  These jars are not meant to be built for only
> contain all the java sources for debugging purposes.   If you want to
> build these jars, you need to use the source distribution or use the svn
> tag.

So do we need to license generated files?

Thanks for the assistance.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.1.1 (2nd try)

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Thanks you very much Robert :-)

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 7/3/07, Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert, did you had time to take a look ?

i'm +1

> (other IPMC members are
> welcome too)

maybe one day :-)

- robert

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.1.1 (2nd try)

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Robert, did you had time to take a look ? (other IPMC members are
welcome too)

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
James
-------

Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.1.1 (2nd try)

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.