Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net> on 2008/12/06 19:30:52 UTC

Re: Single URI spam not checked against URIBLs

Bill Landry a écrit :
> This issue has been resolved.  Thanks to Justin Mason and Gisle Aas
> (HTML::Parser guy) for finding the fix.  The resolution is to update
> HTML::Parser to the latest version and then restart SA.

Thanks for the heads up. it indeed works (HTML::Parser 3.59).

Re: Single URI spam not checked against URIBLs

Posted by Wolfgang Zeikat <wo...@desy.de>.
Ned Slider wrote:
> Wolfgang Zeikat wrote:
>> Ned Slider wrote:
>>

>>> For those using RHEL5/CentOS5 and wanting to update,
>>
>> We use Scientific Linux 5 which is a re-compiled RHEL 5

*erm*, actually it's Scientific Linux 4 (RHEL 4), the rest is true tho ;)

>> - with Dag's
>> 3.56 rpm installed. I installed HTML::Parser 3.59 there from CPAN
>> (with local make) without unistalling the rpm. The URI detection
>> behavious didn't change, so I am interested in your procedure.
>>

> Yes, I downloaded the perl-HTML-Parser-3.56 src.rpm package from RPMForge:
>
> http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/perl-HTML-Parser/perl-HTML-Parser-3.56-1.rf.src.rpm
>

> Extract the SPEC file, edit the "Version" and "Release" lines to 3.59
> and 1.el5, respectively.

(no need for the latter here, see above)

> Download the HTML-Parser-3.59 tarball
>
> http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/G/GA/GAAS/HTML-Parser-3.59.tar.gz
>
> Copy the edited SPEC file to the /SPECS dir and the source tarball to
> the /SOURCES dir of your build environment, and build the package with:
>
> rpmbuild -ba --target=`uname -m` perl-HTML-Parser.spec
>
> and install the package with rpm.
>

> Hope that helps :)

Worked like a charm, thank you very much!

Regards,

wolfgang

Re: Single URI spam not checked against URIBLs

Posted by Ned Slider <ne...@unixmail.co.uk>.
Wolfgang Zeikat wrote:
> Ned Slider wrote:
>
>>> Thanks for the heads up. it indeed works (HTML::Parser 3.59).
>>>

>> For those using RHEL5/CentOS5 and wanting to update,
>
> We use Scientific Linux 5 which is a re-compiled RHEL 5 - with Dag's
> 3.56 rpm installed. I installed HTML::Parser 3.59 there from CPAN (with
> local make) without unistalling the rpm. The URI detection behavious
> didn't change, so I am interested in your procedure.
>
>> I built a perl-HTML-Parser-3.59 RPM package from Dag's SPEC file
>> (v3.56) on RPMForge by dropping in the 3.59 source tarball. It built
>> cleanly and is now running on my system :)
>>

> Could you describe more elaborately how you did that?
>
> Regards,
>
> wolfgang

Yes, I downloaded the perl-HTML-Parser-3.56 src.rpm package from RPMForge:

http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/perl-HTML-Parser/perl-HTML-Parser-3.56-1.rf.src.rpm

Extract the SPEC file, edit the "Version" and "Release" lines to 3.59
and 1.el5, respectively.

Download the HTML-Parser-3.59 tarball

http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/G/GA/GAAS/HTML-Parser-3.59.tar.gz

Copy the edited SPEC file to the /SPECS dir and the source tarball to
the /SOURCES dir of your build environment, and build the package with:

rpmbuild -ba --target=`uname -m` perl-HTML-Parser.spec

and install the package with rpm.

Alternatively, I've uploaded my src.rpm here which may be easier:

http://www.pperry.f2s.com/linux/perl-HTML-Parser/

and you can build it with:

rpmbuild --rebuild perl-HTML-Parser-3.59-1.el5.src.rpm

There is a guide on rebuilding source RPMs here:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/RebuildSRPM

I've also uploaded my RPM package there too, but I only built a package
for x86_64, so if your running a xen kernel or are running on i386
you'll need to rebuild it yourself.

Hope that helps :)

Re: Single URI spam not checked against URIBLs

Posted by Daniel J McDonald <da...@austinenergy.com>.
On Sat, 2008-12-06 at 18:22 -0500, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 11:16:03PM +0100, Wolfgang Zeikat wrote:
> > Could you describe more elaborately how you did that?
>
> You may wish to take a look at cpan2rpm, fwiw.

deprecated.  look at cpan2dist if you are running perl 5.10

--
Daniel J McDonald - CCIE #2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX

Re: Single URI spam not checked against URIBLs

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Dec 06, 2008 at 11:16:03PM +0100, Wolfgang Zeikat wrote:
> Could you describe more elaborately how you did that?

You may wish to take a look at cpan2rpm, fwiw.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"... Either this man is suffering from serious brain damage, or the new

Re: Single URI spam not checked against URIBLs

Posted by Wolfgang Zeikat <wo...@desy.de>.

Posted by Ned Slider <ne...@unixmail.co.uk>.
mouss wrote:
> Bill Landry a écrit :
>> This issue has been resolved.  Thanks to Justin Mason and Gisle Aas
>> (HTML::Parser guy) for finding the fix.  The resolution is to update
>> HTML::Parser to the latest version and then restart SA.
>>

> Thanks for the heads up. it indeed works (HTML::Parser 3.59).

For those using RHEL5/CentOS5 and wanting to update, I built a