Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Geoffrey Rekier <ge...@mx.fileflow.com> on 2007/12/20 16:45:05 UTC

WebDAV rights?

Hi all.

I am moving from slide and I have a little problem...
We want to connect to jackrabbit with a WebDAV client we have and
that's fine but it seems that we get read-only. (I get errors that
says I don't have the rights to add a file there).
I don't have the init-param in web.xml. and I am using the
SimpleAccessManager.

Does someone have an idea?

Best Regards

Geoffrey

Re: WebDAV rights?

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
Squirmy wrote:

> Angela Schreiber wrote:
>>
>> with the default configuration (web.xml, 'missing-auth-mapping'
>> init-param) you should indeed be prompted from login and get
>> RW-access to all resources with any userID/password pair except
>> for the anonymous.

> How can I access the webdav with alternative credentials when it is set up
> to use anonymous when no other credentials are supplied (i.e. user is never
> challenged for name and pw)? I'd like the webdav to be open and readable by
> anyone without their having to supply any credentials, but I'd also like an
> admin person to be able to log in with write access.

let's see whether i get you question:

- everyone should be able to access without being prompted
   for username/password
- still there should be a way that the admin can login in
   order to get write permission.

is that correct?

the only way you can achieve this at the moment is:

- use an empty value for the missing-auth-mapping
- make sure your client automatically sends the required
   authentication header without being promted.

that works (i use this with the spi2dav code).
but, i'm not sure if all webdav-clients allow to specify
a username-password pair.
i think webdrive allows it and the ms-webfolders don't.

angela

Re: WebDAV rights?

Posted by Squirmy <se...@gmail.com>.

Angela Schreiber wrote:

> with the default configuration (web.xml, 'missing-auth-mapping'
> init-param) you should indeed be prompted from login and get
> RW-access to all resources with any userID/password pair except
> for the anonymous.

How can I access the webdav with alternative credentials when it is set up
to use anonymous when no other credentials are supplied (i.e. user is never
challenged for name and pw)? I'd like the webdav to be open and readable by
anyone without their having to supply any credentials, but I'd also like an
admin person to be able to log in with write access.

Seth

Re: WebDAV rights?

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
am i correct, that the 'weird rights problem' thread
is about the same? if this is true, lets continue
there, were you attached more log output.

angela

Re: WebDAV rights?

Posted by Geoffrey Rekier <ge...@mx.fileflow.com>.

Re: WebDAV rights?

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.

Posted by ge...@mx.fileflow.com.
> Hi,
>
> On Dec 20, 2007 5:45 PM, Geoffrey Rekier <ge...@mx.fileflow.com> wrote:
>> I am moving from slide and I have a little problem...
>> We want to connect to jackrabbit with a WebDAV client we have and
>> that's fine but it seems that we get read-only. (I get errors that
>> says I don't have the rights to add a file there).
>> I don't have the init-param in web.xml. and I am using the
>> SimpleAccessManager.
>
> The default SimpleAccessManager (it's really simple :-) grants
> read-only access to anonymous users and read-write access to anyone
> else. So with default configuration you can get write access by
> supplying any username and password.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Thanks for this fast answer...
I'm using the standard configuration.
I also login every time but still don't have write rights. I tried to
write my own implementation of AccessManager without any luck either. I'll
try with my own LoginModule tomorrow but I would rather not to...
Is there a file or DB for login? How can I configure it (without my a new
implementation)?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Geoffrey