Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by David Reid <ab...@dial.pipex.com> on 1999/10/20 22:26:52 UTC

MMAP

I've just committed some mmap code to APR.  At present I haven't added it
into the configure process as I have a question...

For platforms that don't support MMAP what should I do?  I have 2
thoughts...

1) provide the "standard" no-op functions
2) provide nothing for platforms that don't support MMAP

I guess what I'm asking is at what stage should it break if there's a
platform that doesn't support mmap?

david

Re: MMAP

Posted by David Reid <ab...@dial.pipex.com>.
Yeah I agree and that's what I'll do.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
Well, the outcome is that we beat Ryan into submission. Of course.

:-)

Re: MMAP

Posted by David Reid <ab...@dial.pipex.com>.

Re: MMAP

Posted by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>.

Re: MMAP

Posted by Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>.
Ryan Bloom <rb...@raleigh.ibm.com> writes:
> Ok, Ok ... we don't compile in code for
> unsupported functions.  I changed the design doc.  :)

thank you.

  - ben

Re: MMAP

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
> 1) provide the "standard" no-op functions
> 2) provide nothing for platforms that don't support MMAP
>
> I guess what I'm asking is at what stage should it break if there's a
> platform that doesn't support mmap?

Ok, Ok, you beat me into submission, we don't compile in code for
unsupported functions.  I changed the design doc.  :)

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd