Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by cafe <rm...@estudiantes.uci.cu> on 2007/01/29 04:08:05 UTC

Is so good ActiveMQ’s InputStream?

My question is, if is better for transfer files between 300 MB and 500 MB
using activeMQ’s InputStream or to do that manually the programmer?

Is more reliable let do the transfer to activeMQ?

Re: Is so good ActiveMQ’s InputStream?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 1/29/07, cafe <rm...@estudiantes.uci.cu> wrote:
> Actually those questions are opposite to my point.  Let mi tell you:
> My app need to send files (over 300mg) to different clients (over 100
> clients in different PC) so I need only a strategy for sending and receiving
> these files. Now my questions are:
> 1-What happen if a connection is lost when the files are being sending or
> receiving?
> 2-What about the performance of activeMQ when it most manages these
> transfers simultaneously?

You could use some out-of-band mechanism if you prefer. e.g. use some
central file system / web server / FTP mechanism for the actual
transfer, then use ActiveMQ to send around messages containing URLs to
the actual file to be processed.

--

James
-------

Re: Is so good ActiveMQ's InputStream?

Posted by "Christopher G. Stach II" <cg...@ldsys.net>.
Sanjiv Jivan wrote:
> Christopher,
> Do you really need to be arrogant in all your emails?
>
> I don't post here regularly  but follow this list and its responses like
> yours which makes such mailing lists unfriendly and drives people away.
>
> Please learn how to be a little more patient / friendly in instead of
> talking down to people in all your responses.
>
> Sanjiv
>

> On 1/29/07, Christopher G. Stach II <cg...@ldsys.net> wrote:
>>
>> cafe wrote:
>> > Actually those questions are opposite to my point.  Let mi tell you:
>> > My app need to send files (over 300mg) to different clients (over 100
>> > clients in different PC) so I need only a strategy for sending and
>> receiving
>> > these files. Now my questions are:
>> > 1-What happen if a connection is lost when the files are being sending
>> or
>> > receiving?
>> > 2-What about the performance of activeMQ when it most manages these
>> > transfers simultaneously?

>> 500

>> 1. The message would be lost.  What else would happen?  Use transactions
>> and resend.
>> 2. See my original email.
>>
>> --
>> Christopher G. Stach II

Sorry.  I didn't know Martha Stewart was watching.

--
Christopher G. Stach II

Re: Is so good ActiveMQ’s InputStream?

Posted by Sanjiv Jivan <sa...@gmail.com>.