Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com> on 2007/01/25 21:53:55 UTC

Re: Tomcat randomly hangs [SECOND INQUIRY]

you shouldn't hijack threads, please start a new one.
However, one quick shot: 2.4 kernel usually doesn't have nptl support,
which means that you can maximum have something like 500 threads in
tomcat (depending on how many other threads exist in your app).
Another question, is it a et64 xeon? if so, why don't u use a 64bit
os? (4Gb memory on a 32 bit linux doesn't really work well).

regards
Leon