Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com> on 2015/05/21 18:38:57 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.0.0 (RC3)

Hello all.

I've cut a third release candidate of Apache Artemis 1.0.0, addressing
the RC2 feedback from community members.

This is a first release of the Artemis project with protocol support for
AMQP, STOMP, CORE, HORNETQ and OPENWIRE (alpha).

N.B. The OpenWire implementation is at alpha with support for ActiveMQ
JMS clients and basic transport.  More advanced features will be added
progressively over the next series of releases.

The release notes can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12328953

The binary distributions can be found here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/

The source archives can be found here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.0.0/

The Maven repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1060/

The source tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.0.0

The project website for that version has been staged to:
http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/

The vote will remain open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.0.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my (non-binding) +1

Regards
Martyn

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.0.0 (RC3)

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

I tested out the src+bin tar.gz archives:
- Verified the sigs
- Checked that the license/notice files are present and look ok.
- Built the src archive, ran the tests from the fast-tests profile.
- Followed the README in the binary archive to configure and start the broker.
- Browsed the docs on the embedded webserver.
- Added a 'JMS queue' using the JMX management interface.
- Kicked the tyres using an AMQP client by sending+receiving a message
from the queue.

I also gave the website a quick browse and things seemed good there.

Robbie

Posted by Howard Gao <ho...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.
Yes.  Resolved, though the PRs have now disappeared due to the repo
rename.  The relevant commits are:

commit f14b3353f46859dcaa8af3dc10621662214a4f68
commit 2de3bfa9f1e7ebdc01c4726d8345da2b2839589f

Thanks
Martyn

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
I will close it as solved:

--
Clebert Suconic
http://community.jboss.org/people/clebert.suconic@jboss.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.0.0 (RC3)

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

I also did a lot of testing on clustering, with the addition of
failover, using configurations from the create command.

Posted by Andy Taylor <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
+1