Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2019/08/28 19:15:39 UTC

Booth Volunteers Needed for ApacheCon EU Berlin

Hi All

ApacheCon EU will be running from 22nd - 24th October 2019 in Berlin and we will be continuing the Apache 20th anniversary celebrations.

We are looking for volunteers to help out with the setup and staffing of the Apache booth during ApacheCon. The booth is a great place to be and is always full of people and activity. It is a general hub and central meeting point for attendees.

As a booth volunteer, your main tasks will be talking to attendees and handing out stickers, leaflets and other giveaways. If you’d like to spend some time on the booth talking to attendees to about your project to help grow your own project community then please let us know. Remember that even 30 minutes  or an hour of your time will be very welcome.

The greater variety of people and projects we have on the booth, the greater the chance of perhaps recruiting new contributors as we always have people wanting to talk about specific projects.

If you are only available to help with setup and tear down then that is fine too.

I’ve started drafting a wiki page to help with the booth planning.

https://s.apache.org/6m3a0

If you are interested in helping out then please either respond to this thread or add your details to the wiki page.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Booth Volunteers Needed for ApacheCon EU Berlin

Posted by Sönke Liebau <so...@opencore.com.INVALID>.
Hi Sharan,

also happy to help of course, I'll drop by tomorrow afternoon to see what
is needed.

Best,
 Sönke

--
Sönke Liebau
Partner

Re: Booth Volunteers Needed for ApacheCon EU Berlin

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Julian

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hey PJ,

Posted by Sharan F <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi PJ

Posted by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@apache.org>.
Sorry guys,

scritto:

> Yay!
>
> Hey Shawn can you please enter yourself here too:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COMDEV/Booth
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best,
> Myrle
>
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 2:51 PM Shawn McKinney
> <sm...@icloud.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> > My pleasure!  Finally booked my travel…
> >
> > Will be onsite Wed 23 and Thur 24. Can sit in the booth anytime on those
> > days except Thur between 11a - 1p.
> >
> > Looking forward to it…!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > —
> > Shawn
> >
> > > On Sep 9, 2019, at 11:46 PM, Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Shawn
> > >
> > > Excellent - thanks for offering to help out!
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Sharan

> > this thread or add your details to the wiki page.

> > for availability.

Piergiorgio

Re: Booth Volunteers Needed for ApacheCon EU Berlin

Posted by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org>.
Yay!

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@icloud.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Shawn

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@icloud.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi PJ

That's great!

Thanks
Sharan

Posted by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi Sharan,

--
Piergiorgio

Re: Booth Volunteers Needed for ApacheCon EU Berlin

Posted by Piergiorgio Lucidi <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi Sharan,

scritto:

> Hi All
>
> ApacheCon EU will be running from 22nd - 24th October 2019 in Berlin and
> we will be continuing the Apache 20th anniversary celebrations.
>
> We are looking for volunteers to help out with the setup and staffing of
> the Apache booth during ApacheCon. The booth is a great place to be and is
> always full of people and activity. It is a general hub and central meeting
> point for attendees.
>
> As a booth volunteer, your main tasks will be talking to attendees and
> handing out stickers, leaflets and other giveaways. If you’d like to spend
> some time on the booth talking to attendees to about your project to help
> grow your own project community then please let us know. Remember that even
> 30 minutes  or an hour of your time will be very welcome.
>
> The greater variety of people and projects we have on the booth, the
> greater the chance of perhaps recruiting new contributors as we always have
> people wanting to talk about specific projects.
>
> If you are only available to help with setup and tear down then that is
> fine too.
>
> I’ve started drafting a wiki page to help with the booth planning.
>
> https://s.apache.org/6m3a0
>
> If you are interested in helping out then please either respond to this
> thread or add your details to the wiki page.
>
> Thanks
> Sharan

Piergiorgio