Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edson Alves Pereira <ea...@panamericano.com.br> on 2003/12/09 18:10:44 UTC

JSP doubt

	Hello folks, i made a war file and i compiled my JSP pages and
create a jar file with then. My question is, do i still need to put inside
my webapp ( in my case war file, but is the same ) all JSP files anyway?
Because tomcat complain about them.

	Regards,
	Edson

Re: JSP doubt

Posted by Rodrigo Ruiz <rr...@gridsystems.com>.
Edson Alves Pereira wrote:

>	Hello folks, i made a war file and i compiled my JSP pages and
>create a jar file with then. My question is, do i still need to put inside
>my webapp ( in my case war file, but is the same ) all JSP files anyway?
>Because tomcat complain about them.
>
>	Regards,
>	Edson

Hi Edson, when you compile your JSPs, you are creating a set of servlet
classes.

Tomcat needs a mapping between the servlet classes and the paths they
will serve, so you need to explicitly tell Tomcat to use your index_jsp
servlet class when it receives a request for index.jsp. If you do not
include this mapping, Tomcat will search for the jsp file, and complain
when it does not found it.

If you do JSP precompilation through the JspC ant task, I think there is
an option to tell it to create a web.xml fragment containing the extra
tags you need to include in your web.xml file.

Regards,
Rodrigo Ruiz